Job Summary: Responsible for preparing organic mixes using a heavy equipment loader, pushes piles to ensure segregation of materials and places material in the shakers to ensure the machines have a continuous flow of material.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate and maintain heavy equipment (loader/dozer).
- Ability to maintain stockpile slopes to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability to sit in a loader for many hours in a dusty, hot environment.
- Ability to climb into and out of equipment repeatedly- Knowledge of safe practice and procedures.
- Ability to read English and/or follow instructions, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/rainy weather.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime, including weekends and holidays.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares organic mixes by using the Bill of Materials to ensure the correct ingredients are used in the correct proportions.
- Supplies the line with a continuous supply of material.
- Pushes piles to ensure setbacks, pile height and stockpile shaping meets the criteria set by the Department of Environmental Health Services.
- Performs a safety and equipment check before each use of the loader.
- Receives load tickets from haulers, ensures accuracy, signs, accumulate until the end of the day and forwards the tickets in a neat and clean appearance to the office personnel for inventory entry.
- Pumps diesel fuel into the loader by an electrical pump and ensures all safety practices are used to prevent injury.
- Monitors the stock piles for excessive heat, turns stockpiles and ensures the proper amount of water is used to prepare the stockpile for production use.
- Meets quality and quantity standards.
- Performs the proper operation and minor maintenance of equipment.
- Accurately verifies quantity of material.
Pay Rate: Based on Experience
Position: Fulltime Temporary/Temporary to High
Location: Waverly, Virginia
<< Return to Job Openings